Is your site mobile friendly? Or is it as per the new norms chalked out by the Google which states that it will under rank the sites that are not mobile friendly? If no, then give a thought as you will see your site slip down in the Google rankings.
Mobile optimization is the new buzzword in the internet arena. With extensive usage of smart phones people pursue everything online with their cell phones and so it has become mandatory to make the site mobile friendly so that the end users can access the site using their mobile phones easily.
Google is now working on mobile algorithm and is considering mobile usability as a part of its ranking calculations. From April 21st Google has rolled new mobile friendly algorithms that will have major impact on the search rankings. What is surprise is that what are the aspects that will be added or how it will have effect on the search ability of the web site.
Over the time Google has increased its emphasis on mobile friendly sites and testing those using mobile friendly icons. The major search engine has also added mobile usability reports in its Webmaster tools. To create awareness of the advantages of mobile friendly sites, Google has sent mobile usability warnings to webmasters with non mobile friendly sites.
All these aspects are pointing to one particular thing of impending shift to make the site mobile friendly in order to get top rankings in the search engine listings. There are certain basic elements to make the site mobile friendly:
- Run the site through Google’s mobile friendly test. This can be done by running the most important pages through the tool and one can get clear idea of which elements one need to work.
- Incorporate responsive design, mobile app or develop a separate site for mobile devices.
- Do away with the most common mobile mistakes like blocking of Java script, CSS and image files, faulty redirecting, inappropriate cross links and slow loading of mobile pages.
All the above tips will go a long way in making the site mobile friendly. This step of Google is the great news for mobile users as it will help them to access all the sites using their mobile as all those sites that still do not have a mobile friendly site will deliberately go and build one.
All the entrepreneurs must keep three vital aspects in mind:
- Must test the website using the Google’s own mobile friendly test.
- Study the amount of mobile search traffic that is arriving at the website.
- Resort the help of web professional so that your site can be made mobile friendly and can rope in umpteen numbers of web visitors.
Gear up for the mobile friendly ranking algorithms and make the site more responsive to mobile devices. It is crystal clear that the future exists on smart phones and tablets rather than on desktops or laptops browsers.